This registration session will allow you to complete contact information, sign up for participation and submit payment. To complete registration through our secure site, please have your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and player information available. Following the completion of this registration, you will see a charge on your account from Northshire Hockey. You will also have the ability to pay offline.
1. YOUTH INTRODUCTORY PROGRAM: Girls and boys born in 2008-2013 have the opportunity to come and learn how to play the most exciting sport with other kids this season. This program is designed for kids who have never played to learn the very basics of skating and how to play hockey.
Click here to register for youth intro to hockey!
2. Two teams at 10U & 12U. This year we are expecting two teams at both the 10U and 12U levels. Both age levels will have a Tier 3 and Tier 4 team within the Vermont State Hockey league. Evaluations will occur during the first week of practices as well as an age specific scrimmage on Saturday 10/22. While one of our main goals is to have fun, it is also important to place kids in the appropriate situations to help them thrive while pushing them to reach their fullest potential. Our board, and coaches, are aware that many kids participate in many activities throughout the season. If your player is not going to be able to make a FULL commitment to the entire season, please make the coaches aware prior to the evaluations as they will not be eligible for the Tier 3 team. For more questions please reach out to Mark at email@example.com, or at 802-440-2950
3. PLAY UP REQUESTS – NHA, VSAHA, and USA Hockey strongly recommend all players play on teams based on their birth year. Any player requesting to move up a level must indicate their desire to the NHA Board during the registration period. All requests must go through an approval process that involves the NHA Board, Coaching Staff as well as the VSAHA Board. NHA will consider play up requests that meet the following criteria:
1. Roster numbers on the receiving team are 15 or less skaters
2. Roster numbers on the sending team 15 or more skaters
3. Goalies - Receiving team has 1 goalie or sending team has 3 or more goalies
(Special circumstances will be reviewed and considered by the approval committee.)
4. 12U Girls Team- NHA is happy to bring back a girls team! We will be phasing a girls only program back in over the next few years. The team will practice once a week and aim to have 6-8 games throughout the season. This is not a full game schedule, nor a state bound tournament team. All girls registered on NHA's 10U or 12U coed teams are eligible to roster on the girls team free of charge. If your daughter wishes to only participate on the girls team, the cost is $150. In the registration, if you are a girls only registrant, then sign up for that. If your daughter will be playing on both the coed and girls team, please register them for the coed team, and we will follow up with an email with more information on the girls team.
5. 18U- The 18U team is only a split season team. This is an invite only team and will practice and play before the high school season begins. If you have any questions or know someone who should play on this team, please reach out to Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org
Each Player must register first with USA Hockey and then return to this Registration Session to signup for the 2022-2023 Season. Please make sure when you continue on to the NHA registration that you enter your NEW 2022-2023 USA Hockey membership number and not last year's number.
1. Teach and practice good sportsmanship at all games and practices. You are role models!
2. Know the rules of the game of hockey.
3. Respect the officials. Respect the coaches – they are volunteers.
4. Do not coach your child as a spectator from the sideline. Let players play and coaches coach, and support both positively.
5. Do not criticize other players regardless of the circumstance.
6. Follow the "24 Hour Rule." If you have a complaint resulting from a game (or practice), speak with the coach on the following day after practice.
7. Never discuss playing time and positions with coaches. Ask what you can do to help your player improve.
8. If there is a serious problem, notify the NHA Board of Directors.
9. Emphasize the FUN in the sport and the importance of a best effort at all times, and good game, not wins and losses.
1. Respect your teammates, coaches, referees and opponents at all times.
2. Give 100% effort at each practice and game. Learn from your coaches. Practice hard. Play smart. Have fun!
3. Know the rules of the game of hockey and abide by them.
4. Support and encourage your teammates. Set a positive example. Display good sportsmanship at all times on and off the ice.
5. Wear the required equipment at all games and practices, and keep your equipment well maintained.
6. Be dressed and ready for practice 10 minutes before start time. Be dressed and ready for games 30 minutes before start time.
7. Don't be afraid to make a mistake; mistakes are part of learning.
8. Communicate any grievances, misunderstandings or concerns you have with your coaches.
9. Notify coaches as soon as you know you can’t make a practice or game.
10. Notify a coach if you have a new or existing injury or illness.
11. Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
1. Any conduct, including abusive language and/ or gestures, racially insensitive remarks, damage to property or belongings, or any other conduct that reflects poorly on yourself or NHA is deemed to be unacceptable and will not be tolerated. This rule applies to everyone at all times and includes all players, parents, siblings and guests when in or around games or practices.
2. During any tournament or game you represent NHA. Illegal conduct such as shoplifting, destruction of property, consumption of drugs or alcohol, or any other negative or illegal activity will not be tolerated.
3. The Board of Directors of NHA will deal with unacceptable conduct at its sole discretion, imposing warnings, suspension or expulsion, as it deems appropriate.
4. THERE IS NO REFUND FOR SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION BASED ON VIOLATIONS.
By registering with Northshire Hockey you are in agreement with our guidelines and expectations.
|Team||Full Season||Half Season|
|6U (born 2016-2019)||$175||$100|
|8U (born 2014-2015)||$400||n/a|
|10U (born 2012-2013)||$625||n/a|
|12U (born 2010-2011)||$775||n/a|
|14U (born 2008-2009)||$900||n/a|
|Girls 12U Team||$0 if on a coed team||$150 for girls only team|
|Team||Date/ Time||Date/ Time|
|6U||Sunday 9:15 am||n/a|
|8U||Monday 5:00 pm||Thursday 5:00 pm|
|10U||Tuesday 6:00 pm||Thursday 6:15 pm|
|12U||Monday 6:00 pm||Friday 6:00 pm|
|14U||Tuesday 5:00 pm||Friday 7:15 pm|
|Girls/ Boys Intro||Friday 5:00 pm||n/a|
|Girls 12U||Friday 5:00 pm||n/a|
Please direct any questions regarding this registration to:
Phone: (802) 440-2950
Select an option to continue with the registration.