This registration session will allow you to complete contact information, sign up for participation and submit payment. To complete registration through our secure site, please have your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and player information available. Following the completion of this registration, you will see a charge on your account from Northshire Hockey. You will also have the ability to pay offline.
1. LATE FEE: Any registrations from returning players received after September 30, 2019 will be charged a $100 late fee. A late fee will be applied starting October 1, 2019.
2. GIRLS DEVELOPMENT: Girls will have the opportunity to scrimmage with girls only throughout the season in addition to playing on their respective travel teams.
3. BEGINNER HOCKEY: For boys and girls born in years 2005-2010. This is a low commitment opportunity to expose your child to hockey. Practice will be once a week. We encourage each player to seek out additional ice time on his / her own to build upon the skills learned at practice. There is no travel and there are no games. Half- and full-season options are available. After completing one season of Beginner Hockey, players will participate in the House program.
4. HOUSE PROGRAM – This is a program for all registrants who have previously registered in Beginner Hockey but are not yet committed to participating in a travel team. The House program will place the player in a skill-based group during two ADM practices per week.
5. PLAY UP REQUESTS – NHA, VSAHA, and USA Hockey strongly recommend all players play on teams based on their birth year. Any player requesting to move up a level must indicate their desire to the NHA Board during the registration period. All requests must go through an approval process that involves the NHA Board, Coaching Staff as well as the VSAHA Board. NHA will consider play up requests that meet the following criteria:
1. Roster numbers on the receiving team are 15 or less skaters
2. Roster numbers on the sending team 15 or more skaters
3. Goalies - Receiving team has 1 goalie or sending team has 3 or more goalies
(Special circumstances will be reviewed and considered by the approval committee.)
1. Teach and practice good sportsmanship at all games and practices. You are role models!
2. Know the rules of the game of hockey.
3. Respect the officials. Respect the coaches – they are volunteers.
4. Do not coach your child as a spectator from the sideline. Let players play and coaches coach, and support both positively.
5. Do not criticize other players regardless of the circumstance.
6. Follow the "24 Hour Rule." If you have a complaint resulting from a game (or practice), speak with the coach on the following day after practice.
7. Never discuss playing time and positions with coaches. Ask what you can do to help your player improve.
8. If there is a serious problem, notify the NHA Board of Directors.
9. Emphasize the FUN in the sport and the importance of a best effort at all times, and good game, not wins and losses.
1. Respect your teammates, coaches, referees and opponents at all times.
2. Give 100% effort at each practice and game. Learn from your coaches. Practice hard. Play smart. Have fun!
3. Know the rules of the game of hockey and abide by them.
4. Support and encourage your teammates. Set a positive example. Display good sportsmanship at all times on and off the ice.
5. Wear the required equipment at all games and practices, and keep your equipment well maintained.
6. Be dressed and ready for practice 10 minutes before start time. Be dressed and ready for games 30 minutes before start time.
7. Don't be afraid to make a mistake; mistakes are part of learning.
8. Communicate any grievances, misunderstandings or concerns you have with your coaches.
9. Notify coaches as soon as you know you can’t make a practice or game.
10. Notify a coach if you have a new or existing injury or illness.
11. Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
1. Any conduct, including abusive language and/ or gestures, racially insensitive remarks, damage to property or belongings, or any other conduct that reflects poorly on yourself or NHA is deemed to be unacceptable and will not be tolerated. This rule applies to everyone at all times and includes all players, parents, siblings and guests when in or around games or practices.
2. During any tournament or game you represent NHA. Illegal conduct such as shoplifting, destruction of property, consumption of drugs or alcohol, or any other negative or illegal activity will not be tolerated.
3. The Board of Directors of NHA will deal with unacceptable conduct at its sole discretion, imposing warnings, suspension or expulsion, as it deems appropriate.
4. THERE IS NO REFUND FOR SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION BASED ON VIOLATIONS.
By registering with Northshire Hockey you are in agreement with our guidelines and expectations.
|Team||Full Season||Half Season|
|6U (born 2013-2015)||$175||$100|
|8U (born 2011-2012)||$450||$250|
|10U (born 2009-2010)||$675||n/a|
|12U (born 2007-2008)||$825||n/a|
|14U (born 2005-2006)||$950||n/a|
|Beginner Hockey (born 2005-2010)||$175||$100|
|HOUSE (born 2005-2010)||$250||$175|
|Day/Time||Team 1||Team 2||Team 3||Team 4|
|Tuesday 5:30-6:30 pm||12U||14U|
|Tuesday 6:30-7:30 pm (ADM)||10U||12U||14U||HOUSE|
|Thursday 5:30pm-6:30 pm||8U||10U|
|Thursday 6:30-7:30 pm (ADM)||10U||12U||14U||HOUSE|
|Saturday 8:45-9:45 am||6U||8U||Beginner Hockey|
Each Player must register first with USA Hockey and then return to this Registration Session to signup for the 2019-2020 Season. Please make sure when you continue on to the NHA registration that you enter your NEW 2019-20 USA Hockey membership number and not last year's number.
Please direct any questions regarding this registration to:
Select an option to continue with the registration.